Is Cancer a Metabolic Disease? What role does your immune system play? Find out in our interview with Dr. Jason Fung, Author of “The Cancer Code”
Concerned about Cancer?
Learn How Our AVRT Telehealth Program Can Help You Treat the Early Warning Signs of Cancer
- 1.9 Million Americans Will Be Diagnosed with Cancer in 2021 (1).
- More than 50% of Cancers Will Be Identified in the later stages (2).
- Almost 40% of all Cancers are preventable (1).
AVRT specializes in identifying and treating the early warning signs of cancer. Created by the physicians and scientists who developed the ground- breaking COC Protocol, AVRT uses a similar approach by identifying and targeting the inflammatory and metabolic pathways that has been demonstrated to increase the risk of developing cancer and chronic disease.
Whether you have a family history of cancer or are simply concerned about developing cancer, our physicians can work with you to develop a patient-centric, personalized care plan to help optimize your health.
Contact Us To Get Started!
How it works
Fill out any of the contact forms above to set up a FREE consult with a case manager to learn more about the program.
- Tell us more about you by completing a health profile form prior to your first call with a physician.
- Attend your initial consultation with a physician to review your medical records, concerns and goals.
- Get tested, receive your test results and review with an AVRT physician.
Should you choose to move into our AVRT program, you’ll get an individualized care plan to help you continue your journey to health.
Meet our Scientific Advisory Board
In order to help prevent cancer, we first must understand cancer and how it functions. That’s why we have engaged some of the best thought leaders in the field of cancer prevention and treatment to join us in our mission to improve outcomes for cancer and other chronic diseases through early detection and intervention.
Jason Fung, M.D.
Jason Fung, M.D. a physician, researcher and New York Times best-selling author currently practicing nephrology in Toronto, Canada. Dr. Fung is the co-founder of The Fasting Method which provides education, tools and community needed to successfully implement intermittent fasting. His books, including The Obesity Code, The Complete Guide to Fasting, The Diabetes Code and The Cancer Code have challenged conventional thinking about these diseases and introduced dietary strategies to manage them.
Barry Boyd, M.D.
Barry Boyd, M.D. a practicing medical oncologist and pioneer in the field of integrative cancer care. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Yale School of Medicine and Senior Attending Medical Oncologist at the Yale-Smilow Cancer Center. Dr. Boyd founded the Integrative Medicine Program at Greenwich Hospital-Yale Health Systems and is the Founder and President of the Integrative Cancer Care Research Foundation. He is a graduate of Cornell Medical School and completed his medical residency at New York Hospital – Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and fellowship in Medical Oncology at New York Hospital – Cornell. He holds an M.S. and a M.Phil. from the Institute of Human Nutrition at Columbia University.
Benjamin Bikman, Ph.D.
Benjamin Bikman, Ph.D., a scientist and professor at Brigham Young University working to better understand the role of elevated insulin and nutrient metabolism in regulating obesity, diabetes and dementia. Dr. Bikman received his Ph.D. in Bioenergetics and was a postdoctoral fellow with the Duke-National University of Singapore in metabolic disorders.
What Kinds of Testing Do You Offer?
AVRT works with StageZero Life Sciences, a CLIA Certified, CAP Accredited High Complexity Laboratory in Richmond, VA to provide the most advanced testing for early cancer detection. Tests available through Stage Zero include:
A comprehensive panel including inflammatory markers and metabolic function tests to help identify early warning signs of chronic disease and metabolic conditions.
Aristotle is a blood-based mRNA Multi-Cancer Panel for Identifying the molecular signatures of multiple cancers from a single blood draw(3) Learn more
ColonSentry® is a blood test that uses advanced mRNA gene expression technology to help identify Colorectal Cancer (CRC) early when it’s most treatable (4). Learn More
BreastSentry is a blood test that can help identify if a woman has an increased risk for developing breast cancer (5). Learn More
The Prostate Health Index is an FDA approved blood test that can help men with elevated PSA to differentiate benign prostate conditions from prostate cancer (6,7). Learn More
- Siegel RL, Miller KD, Fuchs HE, Jemal A. Cancer Statistics, 2021. CA Cancer J Clin. 2021 Jan;71(1):7-33.
- American Institute of Cancer Research (AICR.org) accessed October 28, 2021
- Dempsey A, Chao S, Stamatiou D, et al., Aristotle: A single blood test for pan-cancer screening. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2020; 38:15_suppl, e15037-e15037
- Liew CC, Ma J, Tang HC, et al. The peripheral blood transcriptome dynamically reflects system wide biology: a potential diagnostic tool. J Lab Clin Med. 2006 Mar;147(3):126-32.
- Catalona WJ, Partin AW, Sanda MG, et al. A Multi-Center Study of [−2]Pro-Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) in Combination with PSA and Free PSA for Prostate Cancer Detection in the 2.0 to 10.0 ng/mL PSA Range. The Journal of Urology. 2011;185(5):1650-1655.
- Loeb S, Sanda MG, Broyles DL, et al. The Prostate Health Index Selectively Identifies Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer. The Journal of Urology. 2015;193(4):1163-1169
- Melander O, Belting M, Manjer J, et al. Validation of plasma proneurotensin as a novel biomarker for the prediction of incident breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Biomarkers 23.8 (2014): 1672-1676.
Aristotle, ColonSentry, & BreastSentry tests were developed, and their performance characteristics determined by Stage Zero Life Sciences, Inc.; they have not been cleared or approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. These tests were performed in a CLIA certified laboratory and are intended for clinical purposes. The Aristotle, Prostate Health Index, ColonSentry, & BreastSentry tests must be ordered by and used only in consultation with a healthcare provider.