Elevated PSA? You May Not Need a Prostate Biopsy
While Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) is currently the most used screening test for prostate cancer, it is widely recognized that PSA results can indicate the possibility of prostate cancer when none is present. Studies have shown that approximately 70% of men with an elevated PSA who have a biopsy do not have cancer.(1)
The Prostate Health Index (phi ) Can Help Reduce Unnecessary Biopsies
Am I a Candidate?
How it Works
Complete your online intake form to determine your eligibility for testing.
After you make your secure online payment for your test, we’ll schedule testing at a lab near your or arrange for a mobile phlebotomist to come to your home.
When we receive your test results, we’ll reach out to schedule a time to review them with a telehealth physician.
Additional Testing for Early Cancer Detection
In addition to the AVRT panel, we offer advanced blood tests for early cancer detection*. These tests are offered by StageZero Life Sciences, a CLIA Certified, CAP Accredited High Complexity Laboratory in Richmond, VA. Be sure to ask your case manager about any of the tests below. Pricing and availability vary.
* These tests are priced separately and not included in the cost of the AVRT Panel & Physician Consult.
- Biddle C, Brasel A, Underwood W 3rd, et al. Experiences of Uncertainty in Men With an Elevated PSA. Am J Mens Health. 2016;11(1):24-34.
- Catalona WJ, Partin AW, Sanda MG, et al. A Multi-Center Study of [−2]Pro-Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) in Combination with PSA and Free PSA for Prostate Cancer Detection in the 2.0 to 10.0 ng/mL PSA Range. The Journal of Urology. 2011;185(5):1650-1655.
- Loeb S, Sanda MG, Broyles DL, et al. The Prostate Health Index Selectively Identifies Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer. The Journal of Urology. 2015;193(4):1163-1169
- Huang YQ, Sun T, Zhong WD, et al. Clinical performance of serum [-2]proPSA derivatives, %p2PSA and PHI, in the detection and management of prostate cancer. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2014;2(4):343-350
- Lepor A, Catalona WJ, Loeb S. The Prostate Health Index: Its Utility In Prostate Cancer Detection. The Urologic Clinics of North America. 2016;43(1):1-6.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Prostate Cancer Early Detection. Version 2.2018 – April 5, 2018
- Dempsey A, Chao S, Stamatiou D, et al., Aristotle: A single blood test for pan-cancer screening. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2020; 38:15_suppl, e15037-e15037
- Liew CC, Ma J, Tang HC, et al. The peripheral blood transcriptome dynamically reflects system wide biology: a potential diagnostic tool. J Lab Clin Med. 2006 Mar;147(3):126-32.
- Melander O, Belting M, Manjer J, et al. Validation of plasma proneurotensin as a novel biomarker for the prediction of incident breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Biomarkers 23.8 (2014): 1672-1676.